Here are just some of the great tips I recommend to our members! I would like to share some of them with you and help ensure your online shop is a great success! Remember it takes dedication and a continued effort to have your online business succeed.
- Review and make changes to your website regularly, this gives your customers a reason to return and help "spiders" crawl your site more often, if regularly updated.
- Make sure to exchange links with other comparable sites, this too, helps promote your site.
- Offer specials, sales and incentives the same time each month, this will entice customers to return and check the different specials offered.
- When shipping your orders, send them a coupon with a discount or an offer for a free item with their next purchase.
- Invite customers to "bookmark" your page or add to their favorites, this allows them to access your site easily.
- Ask them to recommend your online shop to a friend.
- Make your site is inviting, keeping the colors, text and logo design uniform.
- Don't "Clutter" your site with useless information or unnecessary pictures. There are still many Internet uses who have "DSL", therefore taking a long time to load. Some of your potential customers will become impatient and not wait for your site to load. This creates a possibly of a "lost" customer. Keep your site neat and uncluttered, adding only the necessary information and pictures to help the customer see what you have to offer.
- Supply your information, i.e., email, address and telephone number. Some are still uncomfortable making purchases on the web. You may receive many sales via your telephone, directed from your website.
- Make sure you have reviewed every page of your website, the keywords, meta titles, meta descriptions, information and pictures must be there. This ensures the "spiders or robots" will visit your site regularly, which will help increase your page ranking when people are searching on the web.
- Go out of your way to ensure you help your customers with their needs, they will remember and return to your site instead of a competitor's site!
- Join an online shopping mall to gain exposure and presence on the web. This not only helps promote your site, but will enhance the number of visits you receive and sales made.
- Advertise your site in national magazines, it's a must! Think of yourself as a "stand alone" store in the desert with no roads leading to you because of your location. There are millions of online shops or websites, but if you don't advertise, just because you "build it, doesn't mean they will come". You have to make your presence known on the web.
- Join an online shopping mall with good advertising benefits is one of the most important things you can do, it's great networking and provides untold opportunities if you want to succeed in the "website desert"! Most of the time, you can join and your membership costs will be less than one ad placed in National Magazines!
- Shop around and compare benefits and costs of being a member of an online shopping mall.
- Ask questions before joining, this will ensure you know what you are entitled to as a member, of any online shopping mall.
There are many things you can do to make sure your online shop or boutique is a success, these are just a few points I wanted to share.
As you plan your advertising budget for 2010, check into the cost of advertising in National magazines, it's costly, but necessary. We invite you to join us, we work very hard to help you "get noticed" with product display ads which are visible, and at a cost more affordable than paying for your own advertising fees!
Our newest ad above, in Somerset Life, is on the back outside cover in their January 2010 issue, notice the size of the pictures? Look at our past ads here. We ensure you'll "get noticed" at a reasonable cost which will fit your 2010 budget, plus many other fabulous benefits are available at Shabby Cottage Shops. We invite you to come join us today! You can compare our membership benefits and costs here. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me or leave a comment, would love to hear any suggestions you may have!
Happy New Year!